It’s still a new month, Happy New month guys! 2016 is flying. I hosted a giveaway courtesy @akefestival congratulations to our winners!
I never really set goals for anything asides school work or business but this time I decided to let goals guide me through my almost 5 months holiday. The holiday is over and for a first timer, I’m proud of myself. But it wasn’t easy.
My goals? Were taped to my door in pen and paper but I decided to type them aswell for people that’ll struggle with reading my terrible handwriting.
After a week of setting these goals, I reviewed them and I had to strike out alot cause I thought it too much for a first start and honestly some were unrealistic like “Walking every morning” I was only kidding myself I knew I wouldn’t have done it.
Reawaken blog: Hey, you already know how I did on this one because here we are on the blog! And I’m glad I didn’t listen to the voice in my head that kept asking me to just shut it down permanently.
Get a job: This has taught me not to put all my eggs in one basket. Because I’ve wanted the culinary academy for so long I decided to take a leap of Faith and wait to be called instead of applying other places and how did it turn out for me? I was jobless lol. Unless you count my volunteering at Awesome Treasures.
Learn Something Handy: Well nothing fancy nor by popular demand but I learnt the art of tye and dye. But I’m not satisfied that’s why it’s not ticked. This was courtesy lack of resources though and not merely by my doing.
Start watching TV: I totally failed at this one. I tried one time I was depressed after. But hey I watched the VoiceNaija that counts yes? I was rooting for the DNA twins but Nigeria broke my heart and voted them out but congrats Arase.
Make a new friend per month: I run away from meeting new people because I’m not sure what I want to say to them and because I know I’m terrible at maintaining relationships but I was willing to try and I did it. Well not 1 per month but I made new friends and I love all my new friends especially the Awesome Treasures team.
Create a website(custom): This wasn’t a part of the plan from the start but one thing led to another and we’ll all agree this new website is better navigated through than the old one.
Brush my teeth every night: This was 70% consistency so pushing it to the next goal list I’m sure I’ll make up for the remaining 30%
Learn to cook a new meal: I learnt to make Guz guz. (I have no idea what it’s called in English) considering that I love to cook, it’s very sad I learnt just one new meal.
Wake up early without an alarm: Total failure. No need for long story.
Do financial review: Life saver! I started the holiday clueless as to how to survive 4 months with what would ordinarily last a month but thanks to Spendee app it’s over and I survived debt free. You should consider this sometime.
Donate to Awesome Treasures foundation: Accomplished satisfactorily. And I asked us all to join me here
Drink more water: Well I had more water than sugar so check this one too.
Do one blog entry everyday: I tried but some forces just wouldn’t let me impress. So I’m adding it to my next goal list.
Attend an Eatdrinklagos event. (get their custom tees):
DOUBLE CHECK THIS. If you’re on my snapchat @kuyetasham you would have watched my snaps about it. In case you didn’t know, now you know that I’m a foodie and EDL is my favorite food blog. It wasn’t just any event, but the first edition of it’s kind. Drink Your Lagos.(They didn’t have their custom tees on sale but I got me a cup!)
Get causal tees and new dresses: I got me some lovely laid back shirts and dresses and I love them.
Get the Cassiedaves planner: Check check! And it’s a wonder tool. It’s even helping me plan stuff other than the blog. Did you miss my review here?
Do something with Cassie: *sigh* This still pains me. I almost did the Gomes shoot with her. She was interested and already doing findings but she had an event to attend to when I needed her and I had stalled too much so I had to continue without her. This too is going on my next list.
Dress up more: I wore shoes almost all through this holiday! I hate to wear shoes. So this is a double check as well.
Happy New month!
Please let me know some of the goals you achieved over the last few months and your hopes for this new one.
Subscribe and let’s stay connected